The topics of this blog are the operation and use of propane-powered vehicles and propane fueling stations obtained wholly or in part via the Commission’s grant of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) funds from the United States Department of Energy, and the benefits of propane and propane-powered vehicles.
Purpose of this Blog
The purpose of this blog is to facilitate an ongoing dialogue between and among the public, Clean Cities stakeholders, fleet operators, other alternative fuel stakeholders and the Railroad Commission of Texas on the topics stated above. We encourage your comments, ideas, solutions, and concerns, and hope that you will find the information here helpful in understanding what your government is doing and what you can do to help. This is a moderated blog, so all comments will be reviewed before posting. We recognize that the Internet is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage state resources, moderating and posting of comments will occur during regular business hours in the Central U.S. Time Zone. Comments will be read and posted as soon as possible.
- This is a place for collecting suggestions and new ideas and to encourage conversations between and among citizens and their government, not a substitute channel for services or general questions. Visit our contact page at www.rrc.state.tx.us, to get help from the Texas Railroad Commission.
- Do not submit unsolicited proposals, or other business ideas or inquiries to this blog. This site is not to be used for commercial business, legal advice, contracting or contract questions.
- This blog may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- This blog is not to be used to report criminal activity. If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local police agency.
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We will not post comments that include:
- Profanity and vulgar or abusive language
- Threats of harm of any nature
- Sensitive information (for example, information that could compromise public safety)
- Offensive terms that target specific genders, ethnic or racial groups
For the benefit of robust discussion, we ask that comments remain “on-topic.” This means that comments will be posted only as they relate to the topic of this blog, stated above, and the particular topic that is being discussed within the blog post. We will not post comments that include:
- Off-topic comments (if you have topics you’d like to hear more about, please firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have off-topic comments that are relevant to the Railroad Commission of Texas, please submit them via our contact page .
- Questions from the media
- Identical posts by the same user (please don’t submit over and over expecting the post to show up faster) or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we may post the first submission only.
Privacy and Security Policies
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as your – or anyone’s – Social Security number, drivers license number, phone number or email address in the body of your comment. If you include personally identifiable information about yourself or others in your comment, your comment may or may not be posted on the blog.
If your comment is posted, your name will not be redacted or removed. You have the option of posting comments anonymously, but if you opt not to, any information, including your login name, may be displayed on our site.
We reserve the right to reject off-topic, repetitive, or offensive comments, and to edit comments for clarity and brevity and to comply with our policies, in our sole discretion.
Any opinion expressed on this blog is solely that of its author(s), and does not necessarily represent the opinion or position of the Railroad Commission of Texas or of the State of Texas. The Railroad Commission makes no warranty and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information that appears on this blog.
Reference to any commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Railroad Commission of Texas.
Railroad Commission of Texas
Policies Subject to Change
This blog is a dynamic, evolving document and our policies may change from time to time. Please check the this blog’s policies periodically. Logging in or posting comments will constitute acceptance of the blog’s current policies.
This material is based upon work supported by the Department of Energy National Technology Energy Technology Laboratory under Award Number(s) DE-EE0002564.
Disclaimer: Neither the United States Government nor any agency thereof, nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government or any agency thereof. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government or any agency thereof.